Project Management and Financial Reporting
How to manage your EU funded research and innovation project in the most efficient way?
This time, with optional 3rd day workshops
Why participate in the "Horizon 2020 Project Management and Financial Reporting" course?
Get a practical insight into:
- Avoiding financial mismanagement in your Horizon 2020 project;
- Drafting a sound consortium agreement and handling IPR issues;
- Putting together periodic and final reports;
- Getting prepared for technical reviews and EC audits.
This 2-day training course will introduce the first crucial steps for getting a Horizon 2020 project started on the right foot, provide practical tips to ensure a sound technical implementation of your project, and go into the issues of financial management and reporting.
1. Trainers are actual Project Managers and Coordinators
Our lecturers and workshop leaders are flesh-and-bone project managers and coordinators, whose day-to-day work is to make sure that their multiple projects are implemented according to EC Grant Agreement, problems are promptly tackled, and project partners adequately assisted in legal, technical and financial management issues.
Over the years we have helped almost 1,000 project managers and coordinators in understanding the legal, technical and financial rules of the Research Framework Programme and managing European projects.
2. Lectures and practical workshops on project management and financial reporting
Experience Europa Media's well-known "learning-by-doing" approach – presentations in the morning, then use your newly-acquired knowledge during the workshops specifically designed for the particular topics:
Project Management and Technical Reporting
Workshop: Technical Management
During the workshop participants discuss real case scenarios related to coordination, budget, dissemination, modifying the project, etc..
Financial Management and Reporting
Workshop: Financial Management and Reporting
Participants prepare a full financial report for a virtual research project, a role-play exercise, based on "dummy" invoices, salary slips and time-sheets!
Whether you are an experienced FP manager or you are just about to start your very first Grant Agreement negotiations, this H2020 Project Management and Financial Reporting course will help you strengthen your technical and financial project management skills.
Experienced project coordinators and financial managers will moderate practical workshops, covering all aspects of research project implementation.
Is this training right for me?
The course targets all those who are competitively participating in Horizon 2020 projects and want to develop technical and financial project management skills.
Whether an experienced Framework Programme manager or starting Grant Agreement negotiations for the first time, this R&I Management course will help you strengthen your management skills.
The training fee includes
- Training material in electronic format
- Coffee breaks and lunch at the venue
- Access to our My Trainings (downloadable background documentations, workshop materials, partner search)
- Access to Europa Media’s private LinkedIn group where you can ask our project managers any questions you might have after the training
- Certificate of attendance
Accommodation is not included in the course price and should be arranged individually by the participants.
(To book a hotel room at the venue hotel, booking form can be downloaded from the confirmation email received after registration.)
If you would like to master your Horizon 2020 Proposal writing skills too, join us for 2 extra days (14-15 June) check out here what the European Funding Academy has to offer!
During June edition only, we will have an optional 3rd day (13 June) with 3 simultaneous sessions to choose from:
H2020 Proposal Evaluation Simulation
Simulate the evaluation process on real H2020 proposals.
You will become an evaluator and experience first-hand the evaluation process to better understand this critical stage of the selection process in Horizon 2020 and conceive your H2020 proposals in this light in the future.
This half-day simulation begins with briefing of the evaluators on the ‘call’ and the rules and procedures of the evaluation process. The evaluators will then conduct their individual assessment of the H2020 proposals, after which they will gather with their fellow evaluators for consensus meetings. Once the consensus reports are drafted in each panel, final ranking will be established, which will serve as the basis for the allocation of budget amongst the highly ranked proposals.
09:00 – 09:30 Briefing of evaluators
09:30 – 11:00 Individual Evaluation Sessions
11:00 – 11:30 Coffee Break
11:30 – 12:30 Consensus Meetings
12:30 – 13:30 Final ranking and conclusions
Consortium Agreement and Legal Issues
This half-day course will provide the participants with a sound understanding of the options for the scope and content of consortium agreements that can effectively complement the Grant Agreement in Horizon 2020 projects. To fully understand what should be included in the Consortium Agreements and how, we will introduce the rights and obligations deriving from the Grant Agreement and discuss what other types of legal agreements may be concluded before entering into a Consortium Agreement.
We will conduct a hands-on workshop on consortium agreements for H2020 projects, during which the participants will work on different case studies to discuss how to draw up an effective Consortium Agreement. For this exercise, we will introduce different real-life scenarios with problematic and challenging situations in H2020 projects such as conflicts on IPR and exploitation issues, delays and quality problems in reports and deliverables, risks on financial management, and other budgetary problems.
09:00 – 09:30 Formal and Informal Arrangements among H2020 Beneficiaries: From the H2020 Proposal to the Grant Agreement
09:30 – 10:30 Understanding the H2020 Grant Agreement and the Consortium Agreement
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:00 How to draw up an Effective Consortium Agreement
12:00 – 13:30 Workshop: Consortium Agreement Case Studies
90-minute Individual Consultancy
We are offering an exceptional opportunity for an individual, 90-minutes consultancy session on Horizon 2020 financial issues with Gabor Kitley, the CEO of Europa Media.
This consultancy session is for those who:
- Would like to verify the compliance of the administrative and financial procedures at their organisation with the requirements of the Grant Agreements of their EU-funded projects under Horizon 2020;
- Want to ensure that the accounting and timekeeping procedures are in line with the regulations;
- Are about to submit a financial statement and realized a possible systematic error in the hourly rate calculation, or have doubts about which calculation method to use;
- Have already submitted financial statements and would like to validate the accuracy of their reports and the eligibility of the costs claimed;
- Will be audited soon and want to have a preliminary Beneficiary-level system audit on Horizon 2020 cost allocation and reporting with recommendations for changes and/or adjustments;
- Simply need a confirmation that “You are doing the right thing”!
Select the session you are interested in during your registration!
STANDARD RATE: € 1,150